Saturday, December 18, 2010

Ceu sou chamado para servir!

This year has been a great growing experience for me. I finished three semesters at the world’s greatest school BYU-Idaho. I came to learn that strange little Rexburg really was the place for me! I had a chance to get involved with student government. I ran a program for the school called Student Ambassadors. We gave tours to High School students who were interested in looking at BYU-Idaho. Besides driving a golf cart that can fit six people, and facing the bitter cold that seems to be associated with this great place, I came to love the campus and life at BYU-Idaho even more. I also was able to work with BYU-Idaho Service Activities, where I got to serve as a manager twice and a coordinator for my last semester. I have had the chance to get two jobs on campus also to help pay for schooling, I worked in the Admissions office and as a Student Promotions Coordinator for the Universities Food Services.

Besides the fun of service, having Dean come home was a highlight of my year!. It has been great to learn that we are actually more alike than I thought, and yes, this year he did beat me in a wrestling match over thanksgiving break! I still love him though, and have loved the lessons he has taught me about missionary service!

Now for the great news many of you have been waiting to hear! I have received my Mission Call!!! I have been called to serve in the Vitoria, Brazil mission! I will be speaking Portuguese and I leave for the Brazil missionary training center on May 4th, so I do have some time to work and save and spend some final precious moments with my family. I don’t know if it has set in yet that my Mothers baby is now just about 20 years old and about to leave on the thing she and I have been so anxiously awaiting since I could remove all the pots and pans from the cupboards.
Life is full of great experiences! I really look forward to what is around the corner, and more importantly what the Lord has in store for me this next year! This being my last report for the next two years, may we remember who we really came from! And have a wonderful holiday season!
- (Almost Elder) Carl James Spencer

1 comment:

Travis and Allie said...

I am so proud of you Carl! It is crazy to think about all of my young siblings and cousins old enough to serve our Heavenly Father! And Brazil! That is great! You and Elias will be neighbors!