Wednesday, December 15, 2010

2010 from Dean

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! At the beginning of 2010 I was wrapping up my mission in Bloomington, Minnesota, battling the negative temperatures but enjoying the warmth of sharing the gospel and seeing lives change through the gospel of Jesus Christ. I got to meet Elder Perry of the quorum of the 12 apostles and make many other lasting friendships as I concluded my mission in Waconia, Minnesota. It is difficult to describe the feelings of love and joy I felt when I got to greet my family coming off the plane after being gone for 2 years, but it was glorious. I returned home from my mission on the 1st of September.

I enjoyed spending the remaining weeks of September catching up with family and friends, beating Carl in a wrestling match, readjusting to non-missionary life, and introducing myself as ‘Dean’ instead of ‘Elder Spencer’ again. At the end of September I moved to Seattle and resumed my pre-med studies at the University of Washington. I love the campus, the student ward, and living close (but not TOO close!) to family. Highlights have been making new friends, attending UW football games, playing in a flag football tournament at Husky stadium, singing in the university choir, going on dates, serving on the UW institute of religion council, and exploring the fantastic local restaurants that the University District has to offer. I also look forward to starting an internship next quarter with a surgical quality and outcomes research group. Student life is busy, but fun and exciting!

As I reflect on the year, I am amazed at how many blessings I have received because of the Savior’s birth many years ago and from wonderful family members and friends like you. May each of you feel His love for you during this wonderful Christmas season.

With love,

Dean

No comments: