As Neil already posted about our time together in Rexburg I must add my two sense. I also had a great time being in his world. He's doing great with good room mates, nice friends, great job, good ward, very nice clean apartment for a group of men, and happy with life. I so enjoyed my time with him. I always refer to Rexburg as "Bubble Land" because what other campus in the world lets kids prop open buildings doors and play in them at 11 p.m. and beyond. Or leave their house doors open with no care and keys in plain site! There is no other place in the world!
I realized it was my 30 anniversary as when I was dropped off there. Oh how far I have come in my life. When I arrived I spent the first two weeks crying almost non stop. I even moved apartments because I couldn't cope living with strangers. I met a girl from my stake on the street, hung on to her and begged to live in her apartment who had one spot opened. I really had no coping skills but knew I couldn't go home so worked through it. The blessings it brought in my life by staying. Meeting Darwin from his sister who lived next door, a great room mate (Teresa Loveland) who was my maid of Honor at our wedding. By the way after 25 years of only Christmas cards, we met for lunch while I was there. It seemed we had never been apart and talked for hours vowing we would do better to stay in contact. She is a professor at the university herself for the past 2 years. What a great person she was for helping me grow up in many ways. I sat there at the Les Schwab, because my rental car had a flat, and reflected on the growth in my life. Thirty years ago, no skills to now when I booked my own air ticket, rented a car in Boise and went to see my sister Shirley, drove to Rexburg 5 hours away, entertained myself and made my way around with no worry of fear in any way! I stayed with Jeff and Debbie Hochstrasser. They are dear friends from many years past and he was in the stake presidency when I served for almost 7 years as stake primary president. He challenged me to grow in many ways with that calling. They are gracious, lovely people. I loved the Rexburg temple! What a great spirit I felt from my ancestors who settled that town.
Most of all I loved seeing how Neil is nothing like I was. That's how I really knew I had grown as I tried hard to push my children to be able more to stand on their own and boy can he. Good job son! What fond memeories playing silly games late at night with happy people and dancing at a concert. We also had Lisa (Joels daughter) and Shavonne (Susans daughter) over for dinner Sunday. It was good to see them.
Thanks for the great time son! MOM
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think you turned out great too, MOom! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time!
We'll miss you at Thanksgiving, Neller!
I'm glad you had so much fun, Mom. It brought back memories of being there for me too. It really is like no place on earth.
Neil, I don't think I can pull off Thanksgiving at our house, but you're still welcome to come. Jer would love a football ally.
It was so fun to have you here Mom. Thanks for coming. I wish everyone could take a turn and come over to play!
Post a Comment