So I'm writing to y'all this week by starting with an apology because I haven't written in a long time. Things are going well here at school. I feel older and more in control of things this semester. Maybe it's because all the girls in my ward are 18 years old, or because I have a "real job" while at school, or maybe because I feel like I have more life experiences now. I am so grateful for the life I have lived. We have a great family and I have great siblings and amazing parents. Looking back on everything that life has brought me, I realize I wouldn't change anything! I would change a few things that I have done or choices I've made, but lately I've seen how my decisions have taken me to where I am now. I am responsible for what has happened to me and can't blame any person or experience for anything negative in my life. I feel like I see life better as I get older and have more experiences. I look back and see how I learned a lot this last summer. I feel like an expert on certain subjects. When I give my opinion, people seem to listen more here at school. It's help my confidence because I feel more mature, professional and smarter. I am seeing how things I've learned at school can be used in other classes and in life. I feel so much better about where I'm going and feel I've been intrigued to learn more and get more involved. I love it when I feel challenged, but even better is when I feel that I can be original and go where I've never been before. I have felt that more lately.
I just want you all to know that I love you and am so Grateful for everything that you all do. I hope you all have a wonderful week.
Love, Neil
3 comments:
Nice to hear from you old man! Sounds like you're having a great semester! Working and going to school can be hard. Keep up all the great work. And don't write off all the 18 year old girls... I was 18 once too and I think I turned out okay. When I was 19 I dated a 25 year old so you have my permission to date someone 6 years younger than you. :) I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!
GOOD to see you are still out there Neil Robert! Wisdom does have a way of sneaking into our lives as we get older. Just think of what you'll be like at 30!! Happy to hear you are doing so good, enjoy the college life and don't grow up to soon! Love you, see you soon, Aunt Kathy
You are so old Neil. We are glad you got to live with us this summer and are also glad that you are having another great semester. You should have as much fun as possible--you'll miss it one day. Sam says, "Uncle Meal."
Post a Comment