These past two weeks my heart has been full of the emotion of how life is constantly changing. I so enjoyed having everyone home for over a week, except the Steve and Jeremy who only got two days, and seeing how they have all changed and grown. Of course the wonderful, fun, grandchildren are always changing but everyone else grows also. I couldn't be happier as a mother to see their growth but I don't like the change of them living away and I not get to see their growth all the time. Time is a crazy thing and I wish I could control it more, especially when they are all here. I wish I could spend time only how I wish instead of having to do responsibilities also. Such is my life though. I don't know what I'd change to change that.
The other change of sending Dean off. Going to the MTC couldn't get any better for a mother on one hand because you wouldn't want them any other place then there at that time. Yet on the other hand, your heart aches to walk away from them and not get to hear their voice for so long. I am so proud of him though and once again, wouldn't change that.
But the change this week of hearing my sister Shirley has terminal cancer is a new change my heart is having a hard time with. As hard of a time as I am having, I can't comprehend her emotions of the biggest change of all in leaving this earth life. We all will get our turn and once again, don't get to choose how that change happens, when or where. It just comes. She is doing it with grace, love and laughter so far and I love her for trying so hard. I've been through the change with my mom and dad going, but this will be different. Once again, I get to learn how to be grateful for the change because all I can do is change my heart not the situation.
I love you all, Margaret or MOM
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice blog post, Mom! I can't believe the changes happening also. So bitter sweet. Hopefully the next big change (us moving close to you) will be great! Talk to you soon. Love you.
Aunt Margaret,
We're sorry to hear of your sister, Shirley. I'm amazed at your family's faith in this difficult trial and I've just witnessed it through the blogs. Here is a hug from all of us during this difficult time of letting go. Love, Jen, Evan and Hyrum
Couldn't have said it better myself. I love you sister.
Post a Comment