Monday, December 19, 2011

Dean-2011

2011 has been a wonderful year. I am in my junior year at the University of Washington, one year closer to my degree! I live up in Seattle and enjoy my time up there and coming home on occasion for family events, holidays, or whenever I need Mom’s cooking in my life. I am blessed to be in a house that we have dubbed the “Manor House.” It has 10 guys, 9 bedrooms, 5 george foreman grills, 4 bathrooms, 3 fridges and x-box live. It IS college and I love it!
This summer I was able to work at the UW Medical Center as a sterilization tech and I loved every minute of it. This year I also completed a year long internship with the UW Department of Surgery doing research on the quality and outcomes of surgery. I was able to learn a lot and meet some great doctors who I so want to be like someday! I also enjoy volunteering with the HOPE Heart Institute and have landed a gig to be their mascot where I appear at community events as “Captain Cardio!” It is so fun and seriously one of the best ways to distress from school.

This summer I accomplished one of my goals and completed my first triathlon! It was a small one (a sprint), but I finished strong and felt that competitive adrenaline rush that I have missed so much since high school sports are over! I will be looking forward to doing more in the future.

At school I have the blessing of being the Seattle Institute of Religion president this year. I also am part of the campus’ Interfaith club and really have enjoyed working with the awesome students from mine and other faiths.
All in all it has been a glorious year. I love school, sports, serving, and yes even searching for the future Sister Spencer. This Christmas I hope you all will feel the love of friends, family and our Savior, Jesus Christ. With love, Dean

No comments: