Hello family!! JANUARY 31, 2009
Hope you all had a great week, it sounds like many of you did, and it looks like we are rounding the bend towards spring!! Maybe...but today it is about 45 degrees here!!! It feels soooo warm and it has been quite splendid to feel the sunshine. As we were driving to do our laundry there was a man jogging with his shirt off. It's pretty funny but compared to being -20 or so like last week...it is a 65 degree turn around! The snow is melting pretty good, but I think it will still be cold for another month, but I'm not sure what the forecast is!
Campus news: I totally love being here on campus. I get to see how busy everyone is with doing homework and going to classes and studying on their laptop at the library, and always talking and texting on cell phones and I remember how that feels!! And now I get to see how all that is on hold and the work I get to do is soooo much more rewarding and enjoyable! But, the campus is still great. The diversity is excellent here. I talk to many people from around the world all in one day. It makes it exciting and I learn a lot about different cultures and many different beliefs as well.
The ward: So we had church on Sunday and the ward is GREAT! It is full of fun, active students so it really is a great place. They are super involved in missionary work and supporting that. They are really friendly and have a lot of activities that go with the institute and ward. It's great to see how there are a lot of strong younger people in the church especially on such a big state university place. Again, it reminds me a lot of UW. It is just a great place.
Miracle on 12th St: This week we had an amazing miracle. We received a phone call from the people working at the institute that a young lady had walked in and said "I don't know really how to say this...but I'm not a member of this church and I would like to learn how I can become one." WHOA! It turns out she has a very good friend from Colorado that has been a good example and so she is now interested in learning more. We contacted her and taught her twice this week. She is doing so great and she has a very great spirit. She truly wants to learn more about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and I can see and feel how much she is growing spiritually. It is an incredible miracle to have, especially when we are workING to open this area and I am so happy to see my new companion get to be a part of a miracle like this. There really are people out there searching for truth and for more meaning in life. It is such a blessing to be able to dedicate my life not only to trying to find those people, but get to help them learn line upon line and watch them grow. Yea! :)
My companion: Elder Sorenson is a great missionary! It is great to see how even though he is new he is already stronger than me in some areas of being a missionary. That part is great to see because we all have our talents and we put them together and things work well.
**Minnesota Word of the Week**
35W bridge: This is the bridge that collapsed in Minneapolis about a year ago. I remember seeing it all over the news and such and I'm sure you all remember it as well. The new bridge is right in my area and I see it everyday! It crosses the Mississippi River and it is a smaller bridge than I had imagined. But, it is pretty cool and it lights up blue at night on the sides. I'll try to get a picture soon.
I hope you all have a splendidly glorious week. Welcome to Febuary! :)
With love comparable to the size of Lake Superior
Elder Spencer
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment