Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Warm welcome back!

St. Paul Temple

Dear everyone, and especially my family,





It was wonderful returning home from my mission and being with you all again. It was a roller coaster of emotions...and still is for me. There were many things I was shocked at which include: being able to hug people again, hearing my little neices and nephews able to pronounce my name, seeing mom text on a cell phone, promptly followed by dad sending a picture message (that almost put me into shock), meeting the wonderful Amber Spencer to find that she really is as cool as I had heard, seeing Mt. Rainer, eating Mom's food again, and many other things that I could go on and on about. All in all I love you all so much. I wish I would have had more time, and wish even more that I had unlimited money to go fly to wherever you alla re and stay with you for a while. There is a poem that I had found in an ensign that I wanted to share with you all when we were together, but I was forgetful, so I figured I would do it on here. I read this poem during my last weeks of my mission, and it hit me powerfully. It is exactly how I feel.





Angels without Wings


by Rachel Henderson





I see my family differently,


now that things have changed.


It seems that our priorities


are somewhat rearranged.


My parents are my teachers


and help me see the light.


My siblings are my closest friends,


there for me day and night.


Each on is peculiar


in their own amazing way.


They are my positive influences


each and every day.


I'd be lost without them


and what comfort to me each brigns.


For my parents and siblings alike


are simply angels without wings.





Well I don't think I can add anything else to that. I love you all! I am so grateful that we can be an eternal family. I love you.



1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

You are a joy to all of us and we love having you back home!