Today, I was going to the library to work on a research project and stopped by the football stadium. A full contact intramural game was going on, so I decided to do some reading as I watched a little bit of the game. Usually when his happens, I get wrapped up in the game and miss playing so much; however, this time it felt different. I was more excited about my project I was working on than the game! I saw 3 players get hurts and was thankful that I never have to worry about that again. I thought back to how it felt to feel the pain of running into another person at full speed and realized I don't want to do that again.
I am accepting that my body can't do what it was able to 5 or even 2 years ago. But I am realizing that I can now do things I couldn't do then. I feel that I can think in new ways and solve problems that I didn't even care about 5 years ago. I can now go on a walk and have a long conversation with my wife and talk about anything. Life is so much better!
This last week, I wanted to learn more about what to do in an interview. I talked to a few friends and got an email address of a member of the church that directs HR for a Fortune 500 company in Texas. He said he would give me some help and pointers for free. We talked for 40 minutes about how to act, think, and respond in an interview. It was a great learning experience. He offers the same free service to anyone, so if you know anyone that is looking for advice on resumes or interviews, have them check out this website http://www.helpmyresume.com/.
I love you all!
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment